Today is a big day.
Hundreds of thousands across the globe are beginning the 32nd cycle of studying Maimonides’ code of Jewish law, known as the Mishneh Torah.
To all who celebrated completing the 31st study cycle yesterday: Mazal tov!
If you have yet to take the plunge, here’s why you should try it this time:
- Maimonides’ code covers all the laws of the Torah. By studying it, you will become familiar with every area of Jewish law and also fulfill the special mitzvah to do so!
- You will be joining a global community of Jews who, transcending boundaries of time and space, are studying the entire Torah in unison. Double unity: The whole Torah, around the whole world!
- We make it easy! Whichever track you choose, we have a full menu of original Hebrew Hebrew and English texts, as well as daily audio and video classes to help you along.
Starting is simple:
- If you have the time and know-how, join the three-chapters-a-day cycle, to finish the code once a year. Students on this track are restarting the study cycle today.
- Alternatively, the one-chapter-a-day program finishes the entire cycle every three years. You can join at any time.
- For those on the go, the daily mitzvah track, also starting today, covers a portion of Maimonides’ Sefer Hamitzvot corresponding to the topics covered in the three-chapters-a day track.
Want to know more? Hear what the Rebbe, Rabbi Menachem M. Schneerson, of righteous memory, initiator of this global Torah revolution, has to say about it...
Now is the time to take the plunge.
It has never been easier, and the rewards are incredible.
The Chabad.org Team