HILCHOT YESODEI HATORAH
THE LAWS [WHICH ARE] THE FOUNDATIONS OF THE TORAH
They contain ten mitzvot: six positive commandments and four negative commandments. They are:
1. To know that there is a God
2. Not to consider the thought that there is another divinity aside from God
3. To unify Him
4. To love Him
5. To fear Him
6. To sanctify His name
7. Not to profane God's name
8. Not to destroy those things associated with His name
9. To listen to a prophet who speaks in [God's] name
10. Not to test God.
The explanation of these mitzvot is found in the following chapters.