Delicious and yet so simple to prepare! Make a large quantity to
store in your freezer until you are ready to serve it.
- 6–8 tart apples, peeled, cored, and
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup brown or white sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg, optional
- 2–3 tablespoons jam, optional
Place all ingredients in a Pyrex or microwave baking dish. Cover and
microwave for 5-6 minutes on high until apples are soft. Mash or purée
with a hand blender. If desired, leave some pieces of apple unpuréed.