The only time I see people getting emotional as they listen to Psalm 23 is at
Inasmuch as it is an appropriate psalm when faced with death, it works for
1. A psalm by David. The L-rd is my shepherd, I shall lack nothing.
2. He lays me down in green pastures; He leads me beside still waters.
3. He revives my soul; He directs me in paths of righteousness for the sake of
4. Though I walk in the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for
You are with me; Your rod and Your staff-they will comfort me.
5. You will prepare a table for me before my enemies; You have anointed my head
with oil; my cup is full.
6. Only goodness and kindness shall follow me all the days of my life, and I
shall dwell in the House of the L-rd for many long years.