Yield: 6 servings
Beautiful, tangy, refreshing and good for you as well.
- 2 small hearts of romaine lettuce
- 2 small kiwi, peeled and sliced into 1/4- inch rounds
- 1 small orange, peeled and sliced into 1/2-inch rounds
- 11/2 tablespoons walnut or olive oil
- 3 tablespoons apple cider, or champagne vinegar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon water
- sugar substitute equal to 1 teaspoon sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
Wash lettuce. Spin or pat dry and tear into bite sized pieces. Put on a serving platter and top with kiwis and oranges arranged in a circular pattern. Combine the oil, vinegar, lemon juice, water, sugar substitute, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Whisk until blended. Drizzle the dressing over the salad. Garnish with red onion rings and almonds.
- 1 medium red onion, peeled and sliced into rings
- 2 tablespoons slivered or sliced roasted almonds (optional)
Nutrition Facts: Serving size (cup) 1⅓ (oz) 5 (g) 150 Calories 60 Protein (g) 1.4 Carbs (g) 5.9 Fat (g) 2.4 Sat. Fat (g) 0.4 Cholesterol (mg) 0 Sodium (mg) 11 Calcium (mg) 48 Fiber (g) 1 Exchanges: Vegetable 1 Fruit 1/2 Fat 1/2