Also called Salsa Cruda, Salsa Fresca or Pico de Gallo. No matter what you call it, it’s a great addition to any Mexican meal.
- 2¼ pounds of tomatoes, diced (5 tomatoes)
- ¼ cup chopped green onion
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon or lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 clove fresh garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt, or to taste
To spice up your salsa, add any of the following:
- 1–2 tablespoons fresh or bottled jalapeno peppers
- 1 teaspoon to 1 tablespoon fresh Anaheim chili peppers, diced fine
- ½ teaspoon red chili pepper flakes
Mix all ingredients. Chill for an hour. Serve and enjoy.