This week’s Torah portion discusses what makes an animal kosher. A land animal must both chew its cud and have split hooves; a water creature must have both fins and scales.
Decorate these cupcakes to look like kosher fish with fins and scales.
- 1 box cake mix, prepared.
(Or 1 batch of your favorite cake batter)
- Homemade or store-bought frosting
- Candy-coated chocolates
- 1 strawberry
- 1 sprinkle (yes, just one!)
- Bake and cool the cupcakes. When they're completely cooled, frost each one.
- Use the candy-coated chocolates to make the scales. Make sure to leave space for the fish's face.
- Wash and dry the strawberry. Cut two wedges for the fins and half the tip for the mouth.
- Position that one sprinkle for the eye, and you’re done!