Last week's almond butter recipe was in preparation for this easy, 4-ingredient, gluten-free, kosher-for-Passover cookie.
The best part about these is how easy they are and how well they freeze.
If you want to fancy 'em up, you can melt some chocolate and drizzle it over.
- 1 cup natural almond butter (click here for the recipe to make your own)
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- ¼ tsp. kosher salt (if your almond butter is not salted, you may want to add more)
- Pour the almond butter and sugar into a bowl and mix. Add the egg and the salt, and mix.
- Use a 1 tablespoon measuring spoon to scoop out even-sized balls of dough. Roll them gently and place on inch apart on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Gently press down with a fork to flatten the dough.
- Bake at 350° F (180° C) for 10-12 minutes.
NOTE: The cookies will be extremely soft when they come out of the oven. If you try to move them, they will fall apart. Wait for them to cool fully before removing from the pan. Once cool, they will hold together properly.
Yields: 15 cookies