I love angel hair spaghetti, although I find the name downright creepy. I mean, just take a second to actually think about it!
Having said that, this dish a beautiful, light spaghetti side dish for the summer time. It's simple, it's easy and it goes well with chicken, fish, or meat.
Oh, and if you don't like garlic, this one's not for you. Because it's VERY garlicky.
You'll need angel hair spaghetti, fresh garlic, fresh parsley, salt and olive oil. Five ingredients. That's all.
First, cook the angel hair spaghetti, drain and rinse and set aside.
While that's cooking, dice 30 garlic cloves into little squares. Do not crush the garlic, it will not be the same.
Fry the garlic in the olive oil over a low flame. Sprinkle half the salt (1 tsp) over the garlic. Watch it carefully to make sure the garlic doesn't burn. You want a golden color.
As soon as the garlic is ready, pour the hot garlic and the oil you fried it in over the spaghetti and toss until the oil is coating all the spaghetti.
Wash and check some freshly parsley. Tear up the leaves the toss them through the spaghetti. Use as much or as little as you like.
And that's it - your spaghetti dish is ready to go. Who knew something so simple could taste so good?
Eat hot or at room temperature. Lasts in the fridge several days.
- 1 box angel hair spaghetti (1 lb.)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 30 cloves garlic, finely diced
- 2 tsp. salt, divided
- fresh parsley, to taste
- Cook spaghetti according to box directions. Rinse and drain well.
- Dice the garlic. Don't mince it. Fry the garlic in the oil over a low flame until golden. Sprinkle 1 tsp. of salt over the garlic while it's frying. Watch carefully so it doesn't burn.
- Pour the garlic and the oil into the spaghetti and toss well, until spaghetti is fully coated. Add the other teaspoon of salt and fresh parsley and toss again.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate for later. Tastes best hot, but good at room temperature too.
Serves: 8 - 10, as a side dish.
What do you make with angel hair spaghetti? Do you find the name creepy?
Definitely praying for our Gilad, Eyal and Naftali - amen.
A little reminder to all, pray for the safe return of our little brothers, Gilad, Naftali & Eyal. May our heavenly Father watch over them & protect them. I pray for strength for their families. Marianne